Cedarbrae Community Gardens Crew Lead
Are you looking for a chance to get involved with your community centre and enjoy the outdoors all at the same time?
Join the Cedarbrae Community Centre Garden Crew for 2021 and help our community gardens grow!
By helping ensure all community gardeners have a wonderful growing season, your volunteer time will not only provide you an opportunity to meet other enthusiastic gardeners, but meet many of your neighbours as well.
Activity Area: Community Gardens
One volunteer space available
May 1, 2021 to October 15, 2021
Bring your passion and gardening knowledge to the team by leading the Community Garden Crew
You will be helping to:
- Organize/assign garden plots
- Directing Garden Crew volunteers
- Providing guidance to community gardeners
- Ensuring community garden supplies are maintained
- Keep our communal donation beds maintained by watering and weeding once per week
- Assisting with managing Covid-19 requirements to ensure a safe gardening experience for all
- Sharing community centre information with gardeners and the public
- Participate in other volunteer opportunities for the benefit of the Community Garden on occasion
Important Skills Needed to Be Successful
- Gardening knowledge
- Communication skills
- Use of e-mail
- Planning & organizing groups
Average Number of Volunteer Hours Per Week
A minimum of 3 to 5 hours per week is anticipated for this volunteer opportunity