Cedarbrae offers two pickleball streams: a recreational stream and a competitive stream.
Our competitive stream consists of two elements:
Learning and practicing together helps our players develop much faster than they would by training on their own. Internal friendly competition on their home court helps prepare our players for tournaments and leagues at other facilities.
TRAIN TOGETHER – IMPROVE TOGETHER
The key to becoming a solid competitive pickleball player is to find a skilled group of players to train with on a regular basis. Training together makes everybody in the group more competitive.
Cedarbrae’s competitive training stream introduces players to training groups and helps the players in these groups develop and hone their skills under the supervision of certified coaches provided by the Calgary Pickleball Academy (CPA).
New players who wish to enter the competitive pickleball stream are strongly advised to start with our F250 training group by registering in our F250 programs. It is necessary to learn the fundamental strokes below before attempting to learn how to drill.
- T250 Training Group – Early Mornings
- F251 Forehand Fundamentals
- F252 Backhand Fundamentals
- F253 Advanced Fundamentals
Please keep in mind that you will not be able to learn to drill if you do not already know these fundamental strokes.
Once the fundamentals are well in hand, the next step to becoming a competitive pickleball player is to learn basic drills that are the foundation of competitive pickleball training.
Cedarbrae offers the following training groups to players who are learning how to drill.
- T300 Training Group – Early Morning
- P301 Intermediate Serve/Return Skills
- P302 Intermediate Groundstroke Skills
- P303 Intermediate Volley Skills
Players who register in the programs above are automatically included in our P300 training group. Players in this group are above the 2.5 level and are training in order to get to the 3.0 level.
Cedarbrae also offers drop-in playing opportunities for players at this level:
- Mondays 1:00-3:00pm
- Tuesdays 11:00am-1:00pm
- Wednesdays 9:00-11:00am
- Thursdays 1:00-3:00pm
- Fridays 3:00-5:00pm
- Saturdays 4:00-6:00pm
Once players have learned the foundational drills above, they are able to join more advanced training groups like these:
- T350 Training – Early Morning
- P351 Advanced Drop Shot Skills
- P352 Advanced Dinking Skills
- P353 Advanced Lob/Overhead Skills
- P354 Advanced Power Stroke Skills
Players who register in the programs above are automatically included in our P350 training group. Players in this group are above the 3.0 level and are training in order to get to the 3.5 level.
Players at this level who wish to play can also attend weekly drop-ins:
- Mondays 9:00-11:00am
- Tuesdays 1:00-3:00pm (Ladies only)
- Wednesday 3:00-5:00pm
- 3.25+ Wednesday Night Pickleball League
- Thursdays 11:00am-1:00pm
- Fridays 9:00-11:00am (Ladies only)
- Fridays 1:00-3:00pm
- Saturdays 4:00-6:00pm
After learning the advanced drills above, players may enter competitive battle drill groups such as these:
- T400 Training – Early Morning
- 3.5+ Tuesday Masters Pickleball
- M401 Mastering Groundstrokes & Volleys
- M402 Mastering Drops & Resets
- M403 Mastering Dinks & Speedups
Mastering competitive battle drills is the final step toward becoming a high performance pickleball player.
Players who register in the programs above are automatically included in our M400 training group. Players in this group are above the 3.5 level and are training in order to get to the 4.0 level.
In addition to individual player training, Cedarbrae also offers competitive team training so that our teams can practice for tournaments.
Team practice is currently open to mixed doubles teams.
- P304 Intro to Doubles Tactics
- P305 Mixed Pairs Team Practice
- P355 Advanced Doubles Tactics
- M405 Mixed Pairs Practice
Cedarbrae is currently home to more than 40 players who are rated 3.5+.
We have two NCCP Level 2 coaches. They have created a program that turns 3.0s into 4.0s.
Here is a list of the current program activities for 3.5+ players.
- Protected 3.5+ programs with gatekeepers.
- Early Morning 3.5+ Training
- Daily Ball Machine Access
- Saturday 3.5+ Mixed Pairs League
- Men’s Doubles League
- Pickleball Brackets Club Ratings (Join CPA Club Here)
- Evening 3.5+ (DUPR-Optional) Drop-in
- Annual 3.5+ Mixed Pairs Tournament (Fall 2024)
- Tournament ratings opportunities (Fall 2024) (Join CPA Club Here)
- Daytime 3.5+ drop-in (Spring 2024)
- Men’s 3.5+ Doubles Program (May-October)
- 3.5+ Singles Program (May-October)
- 3.5+ Skinny Singles Program (May-October)
Join our 3.5+ program. Become a member today.
|PB Brackets Ratings